Content Cleaning After Fire Damage
In the wake of a fire, your property isn’t endangered only by damage from the fire itself; smoke and soot residue can ruin the contents of your commercial building if left untreated. Fire restoration professionals in Las Vegas, NV provide content cleaning services to assess the damage and swiftly address what can be restored to pre-fire condition to avoid costly replacements and save unique items.
Protecting At-Risk Content
Preemptive measures go a long way in preserving valuables from fire and smoke damage, especially with sensitive or unique items that can’t feasibly be restored or replaced. Here are some steps for proper content storage and consulting work for business owners:
• Keep important documents in fireproof safes and back them up digitally or physically whenever possible.
• Regularly take inventory for insurance claims. Photo or video documentation is particularly useful for working with insurance adjusters in fire damage cases. Back these up as well.
• Understand and regularly check on your insurance policy to know what is and isn’t covered.
• Know who to contact for immediate fire restoration response in case of emergency.
The Contents Restoration Process
Restoration teams use a variety of tools and methods for efficient content cleaning after fire and smoke damage hits your property. The steps taken include:
• Assessment of property and contents to determine what can be restored
• Dry cleaning to remove light residues from clothes and porous surfaces
• Wet cleaning for surfaces with moderate to heavy residues
• Foam cleaning for sensitive fabrics
• Immersion cleaning for small nonporous items
• Abrasive or ultrasonic cleaning for heavier residues on objects that can withstand it
If your commercial building in Las Vegas, NV is heavily damaged, the restoration team may perform a move-out procedure to evacuate contents while the building itself is being remodeled and restored. This allows content cleaning independently of the on-site restoration and also protects the moved items from further damage. The team will coordinate this with you to best suit your insurance and business needs. Visit http://www.SERVPROnorthwestlasvegas.com for more information on commercial fire damage.