Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Northwest Las Vegas provides plenty of tips that are there to help if you have a water loss in your home or business. It is extremely critical that you be safe through the entire process. These tips will help guide you on the best things to do to make sure your property gets handled and taken care of as quickly as possible. SERVPRO has the team in place to come on site and handle everything from start to finish. If you have specific questions, feel free to contact our team anytime day or night. We have qualified team members available around the clock waiting to help you.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (702) 453-8870
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.